Man, pets escape safely after early morning fire at Gemignani’s Italian Restaurant in Hancock

by admin

HANCOCK, Mich. (WLUC) – It has been confirmed that there were two tenants that escaped the building.

According to the Salvation Army, the tenants and pets are being looked after until new housing can be found.

“We’re right now currently getting them clothes and helping them navigate into a new apartment,” said Salvation Army Copper Country Director Pete Mackin. “Any support we can get is always good for us, Pigs-N-Heat and the Red Cross because we’re trying to get all of the victims of these recent fires housed.”

Last published: Nov 1, 2022 8:03:52 AM

A tenant and his pets made it out safely after an early morning fire in downtown Hancock.

According to the Hancock City Police Department, officers were called just after 3:50 a.m. Tuesday to a fire at Gemignani’s Italian Restaurant at 512 Quincy Street. No injuries were reported, as one man made it out safely.

Police say the back of the building is heavily damaged. Fire crews cleared the scene before 7:00 a.m., and cones were placed on the sidewalk for clean-up.

Hancock City Police say the Fire Marshal has been contacted to investigate what started the fire.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment