If you like diet cabbage soup or Amish cabbage soup and enjoy turning up the spice, this Mexican cabbage soup recipe is for you. Taco seasoning adds the flavor punch to this easy soup recipe that’s made with cabbage (of course), onion, carrot, diced tomatoes, broth, taco seasoning and ground beef.
You could use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef. The tasty cabbage soup recipe reheats beautifully! You could add more vegetables like potatoes, zucchini, corn or broccoli. Serve this healthy soup for lunch or dinner. You could even serve this cabbage soup on New Year’s Day for good luck!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large soup pot until meat is browned and onion is soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook gently for about 45 minutes. Season with salt if pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.