Pomegranates are sweet and tart fruits that have plenty of health benefits and are extremely versatile. They stay in season through November and can be stored for a long time. If you’re looking to add some of the distinct sweetness of pomegranates to your dishes this winter then this is the list for you!
1. Festive Pomegranate Couscous Salad
Source: Festive Pomegranate Couscous Salad
This Festive Pomegranate Couscous Salad by Denise Perrault is as flavorful as it is colorful. Tangy-sweet pomegranate seeds, lots of fresh parsley, a handful of chopped mint, scallions, and a quick lemon-ginger dressing with just enough chili flakes to pep it up. It’s that simple, and yes, that good.
2. Spiced Basmati Rice with Cauliflower and Pomegranate
Source: Spiced Basmati Rice with Cauliflower and Pomegranate
For a fragrant, Indian-inspired rice side dish, this aromatic Spiced Basmati Rice with Cauliflower and Pomegranate by America’s Test Kitchen pairs perfectly with spices like cumin for a deep smokiness and turmeric for color. To make the dish hearty, add sweet, earthy cauliflower. Tossing the cauliflower with a generous amount of black pepper gave it heat and roasting it at a high temperature for a short time caramelizes and crisps the florets.
3. Roasted Carrots with Orange Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate
Source: Roasted Carrots with Orange Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate
Carrots, pomegranate, and citrus are all in season right now and a quick tahini sauce marries all the flavors beautifully. Since winter is cold and grey, these Roasted Carrots with Orange Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate by Daniela Modesto much needed warmth and color.
Winter Cookbook: Heartwarming Plant-Based Recipes for the Cooler Months
As the seasons change and the weather gets chillier, there is truly nothing better than spending time in the kitchen with loved ones while cooking up cozy, soul-warming, home-cooked plant-based meals. This vegan winter cookbook includes 75 stunning vegan recipes with amazing photos! With this cookbook, you’ll find countless comforting recipes to inspire you and help you make the most of winter’s abundant variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables! This cookbook features warm and comforting plant-based recipes like Pasta with Creamy Chestnut Pesto and Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream, festive sweets like Glazed Cinnamon Bun Cookies and Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies, and Roasted Winter Vegetable Bowls with Couscous, Romesco Sauce, and Tahini Drizzle, this cookbook offers everything you need to create a stunning winter spread!
4. Winter Salad With Apple and Pomegranate
Source: Winter Salad With Apple and Pomegranate
This Winter Salad With Apple and Pomegranate by Daniela Modesto will put you in a great mood! Parsnips, carrots, beets, and apples are roasted until golden brown and sweet. They’re combined with greens, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and a simple pomegranate dressing that takes minutes to whip up.
5. Pomegranate Trifle
Source: Pomegranate Trifle
Nothing says “fancy” like a trifle — it’s the perfect dessert! Layers of pomegranate jelly, vanilla sponge, pomegranate arils, custard, and coconut cream make this a must-have for your holiday table. A topping of extra pomegranate seeds and a garnish of fresh mint make this Pomegranate Trifle by Chelsey Johns look extra festive.
6. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fennel and Pomegranate Seeds
Source: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fennel and Pomegranate Seeds
When Brussels sprouts are roasted they become crispy, yet tender on the inside, with a nice smokiness from the turmeric powder. The combination of fennel and pomegranate seeds adds a beautiful dimension to this dish. The fennel is sweet and crispy, while the fresh pomegranate seeds top off the dish with a delicious burst of tart flavor that brightens up the vegetables! You have to try these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fennel and Pomegranate Seeds by Marie Reginato.
7. Pumpkin Pomegranate Cheesecake
Source: Pumpkin Pomegranate Cheesecake
How could anyone be sick of pumpkin when this Pumpkin Pomegranate Cheesecake by Amanda Smith exists?! It’s rich and sweet, and the pop of pomegranate arils against the creamy pumpkin spice filling is so delightful! This cheesecake will be the star of any Thanksgiving dessert spread.
8. Cauliflower Shawarma With Pomegranate, Tahini, and Pine Nuts
Source: Cauliflower Shawarma With Pomegranate, Tahini, and Pine Nuts
This is a wonderful twist on the Middle Eastern classic, shawarma. The roasted cauliflower bites are packed with spices and aromatics that will leave you wanting more after every bite. Plus, the garnish of pomegranate seed, tahini, and pine nuts makes this Cauliflower Shawarma With Pomegranate, Tahini, and Pine Nuts by Loreto and Nicoletta Nardelli perfect for your social media feed.
9. Low-Carb Pomegranate Sweet Potato Toasts
Source: Low-Carb Pomegranate Sweet Potato Toasts
It’s hard to decide, but these Low-Carb Pomegranate Sweet Potato Toasts by Gina Fontana one may turn into your new favorite breakfast. Just toast some thin slices of sweet potato, spread some almond butter on top, then add fresh blueberries and pomegranate seeds! That’s it!
10. Lemon-Ginger Farro Salad With Pomegranate and Pistachios
Source: Lemon-Ginger Farro Salad With Pomegranate and Pistachios
This Lemon-Ginger Farro Salad With Pomegranate and Pistachios by Jackie Newgent is filling, seasonal, and so fresh tasting! It has healthy fats and protein from the pistachios that will keep you going for a while. It also has fresh mint and lemon juice that keeps it tasting light and fresh!
11. Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate and Hazelnuts
Source: Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate and Hazelnuts
Brussels sprouts certainly aren’t the most popular vegetable but they will be your new favorite with this recipe! Roasting Brussels sprouts gives them an adorable crispy texture and an awesome flavor, and if you add a bit of orange juice while roasting them, you will get delicious caramelized Brussels sprouts. These Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate Hazelnuts by Maria Llamas are spectacular!
12. Fall Pomegranate Scones
Source: Fall Pomegranate Scones
These Fall Pomegranate Scones by Jessica Bose are sure to become a fall favorite! Enjoy with coffee, tea, or later in the day with a glass of wine. These beautiful scones are perfect for family gatherings or even just for a breakfast on the go!
13. Roasted Eggplant With Cashew Cream and Pomegranates
Source: Roasted Eggplant With Cashew Cream and Pomegranates
This Roasted Eggplant With Cashew Cream and Pomegranates by Kristen Genton is unbelievably simple but incredibly delicious! The roasted veggie becomes beautifully tender and its umami flavor is countered by the cashew cream. Toss on some pomegranate arils for a burst of tartness and you have an easy snack or meal that doesn’t skimp on flavor.
14. Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles With Asparagus, Cashews, and Pomegranate
Source: Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles With Asparagus, Cashews, and Pomegranate
You’re going to want a big plate of these Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles With Asparagus, Cashews, and Pomegranate by Monica Stevens Le. The noodles are roasted in the oven to al dente perfection and tossed with blanched asparagus, roasted cashews, and sweet-tart pomegranate seeds. This amazing dish is the perfect side or main to any holiday occasion.
15. Pomegranate Poached Pears
Source: Pomegranate Poached Pears
These Pomegranate Poached Pears by Helyn Dunn are an incredibly beautiful dessert that will wow your guests just as much as a gorgeous cake would, but are much healthier! Bosc pears are soaked and boiled in pomegranate juice sweetened with date sugar until full of juicy, fruity flavor. Serve them chilled with some pomegranate seeds as a delicate garnish or some vegan whipped cream for a touch of decadence.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!