McDonald’s has announced it will be launching a new Double McPlant vegan burger featuring two plant-based Beyond Meat patties.
Source: McDonald’s UK
Starting January 4, McDonald’s will roll out the Double McPlant in nearly 1,400 locations in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This follows last year’s successful McPlant burger.
The Double McPlant will feature two Beyond Meat patties with ketchup, mustard, vegan special sauce, onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and dairy-free cheese on a sesame-seed bun. McDonald’s even confirmed that the burger will be cooked on a separate grill, and they will use separate utensils for the plant-based offerings. The Vegetarian Society has certified the burger as vegan.
The McPlant reportedly took over three years to develop and has already proven to be widely successful with customers since its launch in September 2021. Michelle Graham-Clare, Chief Marketing Officer, McDonald’s UK and Ireland, said that the company is pleased to finally be launching the McPlant in the UK and Ireland.
“As with every McDonald’s offering, we take our time to ensure it meets the highest standards and is something that all our customers will enjoy.”
Meatless meat has been rapidly expanding throughout the United States and across Europe. Companies like Dunkin Donuts and Burger King are offering meatless options to consumers. Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger are continuing to grow as they can be found in nearly every grocery store and many restaurants around the country.
Let’s not forget it’s a lot healthier to make burgers at home, here are some amazing resources for you:
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!