Tabitha Brown has released a new line of vegan-friendly hair care products in Ulta Beauty Stores featuring products inspired by sweet potatoes!
Source: Tabitha Brown/YouTube
The line, called Donna’s Recipe, is a collection of all-natural products that promote growth and retention and was launched exclusively on Ulta.com. Starting December 26, the line will be available in stores nationwide at Ulta Beauty.
Brown reportedly named the line Donna as that is the name that she gave her natural hair back in 2018 when she said it took a personality of its own after a cut.
The line began as a collaboration with co-CEO Gina Woods, and the pair launched Donna’s Recipe in 2021 while homeschooling to help people with their hair routines. They began shipping orders from their homes and sold out within the first week of launch.
“We are so excited to partner Donna’s Recipe with Ulta Beauty! This is a huge accomplishment and a beautiful win for us and our customers who have asked if they could purchase at Ulta Beauty. Well, now the answer is YES!,” Brown said in a statement shared with The Root.
The Sweet Potato Pie collection is inspired by the key ingredients that make sweet potatoes so delicious! The Root reported that sweet potato helps support cell growth and keeps hair from looking dull. The cinnamon in the products helps remove build-up from the scalp, and the vanilla stimulates blood circulation to the scalp. The line includes shampoo, conditioner, scalp oil, and hair cream. They are also made with aloe vera, shea butter, and mango butter which leaves hair healthy and moisturized.
Jessica Phillips, Ulta Beauty’s Vice President of Merchandising, said, “Tabitha has created a wonderful line that embodies her infectious personality and loving spirit while delivering outstanding results. We’re excited for new and existing fans to discover Donna’s Recipe at Ulta Beauty and look forward to a beautiful partnership together.”
To see Brown’s new line, Donna’s Recipe, check out Ulta.com!
There are great cruelty-free products available online like:
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!